Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 49.

• From DamianMłodziankowski @dmlodzian on twitter I got those conference slides from Roger Shawyer (published on emdrive.com) emdrive.com/dresden2018.pdf Maybe it was already published here... I don't remember. about German test that fueled the skeptics, note that page 29 Shawyers state "Very low Q"... while in all his presentation it is clear high-Q is key factor. page 30, the dresden test iw clearly coherent with ofthers experiments but with very low Q compared to others, even NASA.

• A followup article that is considering that worrying result, but introduces more questions: nextbigfuture.com/2018/05/145239.html Emdrive could be mainly magnetic effects but there is still more testing to be done

• Beside worrying presentaton by Dr Tajmar, Breajthrough Discuss conference featured Dr Halrold White, who is scaling his EmDrive to 400W. Beside that he is pushing a theory. Quote from NextBugFuture: “His theory is that Acoustic resonances in the quantum vacuum are directly responsible for atomic structure Applying a time-varying electromagnetic field using simulation and experimentation He then has force predictions ” nextbigfuture.com/2018/05/sonn…riments-to-400-watts.html the paper can be requ…

• Next Big Future reports (like many) the worrying results of Dr Tajmar with his EmDrive experiments. It seems his thrust can be attributed to twisted pair in earth magnetic field. The paper is there researchgate.net/publication/3…and_Mach-Effect_Thrusters nextbigfuture.com/2018/05/the-…ach-effect-thrusters.html Quote from NextBigFuture: “Tajmar is finding more magnetic interaction from cables. He is not conclusively saying that is all that is happening with EMdrive or Mach Effect but he thinks it…

• It is new to me, and it seems after a surface reading a good review to start with. I like the conclusion as it is operable...

• This seems a sane position. Someone in LENR use the concept of "Conservation of Miracles", which states that when you have multiple anomalies, they are probably related, as having two murder in the same building is probably not just two independent "anomalies"... Michael McCulloch is pushing the concept very far, in trying to use MiHsC to explain LENR too... I'm not convinced, but if EmDrive, Mach, LENR, and darkmatter/energy had the same origin, it would save much work for physicists.

• Is the article serious (published on Apr1?). All looks stated seriously, gathering old references, but mybe I missed a point. Nasa article is March 30, so looks serious. nasa.gov/directorates/spacetec…sion_Interstellar_Mission Is there any parallel/difference description with EmDrive, and interpretation relatively to MiHsC model? I did not follow Mach effect, theory, nor experiments ....

• Interesting for frequency stability I imagine, but probably low energetic efficiency? however maybe can it serve to lock a high efficiency MicoWaves generator, like travelingwave tube... It seems Shawyer's recent patent introduce a phase condition... Not sure Maser is useful (condition as I understand is more having a VCO controlled by phase difference in the cavity). Good news for clocks.

• Hard to answer without a confirmed theory. What would be the expected for the thrust of a solid state maser, or why not a gas maser ? It seems the energetic efficiency and density is very low compared to a magnetron?

• Thanks. I Cannot verify the details, but the approach is very interesting. To understand what is the phenomenon, and what candidate theories can be eliminated, one way is to look at the behavior of the function for thrusts from design parameters, especially dimensions. One interesting point is this study is that it account for the behavior of Q with dimensions. One common error in such studies is to assume "all else being equals" while in fact many parameters assumed stable , depends (like Q) fr…

• Crowdfunding: World Em-Drive Team

AlainCo - - Replication

I have got an answer from Curtis Hedges, who answered me with enthusiasm (permission to quote) : Quote from Curtis Hedges: “Thank you for reaching out to me and for sharing our website with the right crowd. We are looking for everybody to join us in this endeavor. We are going to open source everything we discover along the way. Further more we are establishing ourselves as a non-profit and making our book keeping public to foster a real platform were everyday consumers can send their own roboti…

• Crowdfunding: World Em-Drive Team

AlainCo - - Replication

I just found this website proposing a crowdfunding of EmDrive research emdriveteam.com/ It looks enthusiastic and human sized, with a californian address, and a yet to come address in Las Vegas... As Usual before puting money, even love money, it is rational to make a due diligence, and at least know the people. is there someone here who can tell us more ? Quote from World Em-Drive Team: “We want to combine passionate, everyday people who have a natural curiosity about their world to our project…

• Why does the Impossible Thrust work. is interesting as it seems behind the recent news that "trumpet shaped EmDrive" may work better. one critic of recent popular theories is that they don't predict much... Here there is something to test.

• New experiments gives more hope

AlainCo - - EmDrive

If they get positive in situation where they should not see, it is problematic. The bad side is that it may be unaccounted artifact. The good side is that it may show the theory is wrong. It is very hard to say what is wrong when you don't have a definitive theory to refute or confirm... You can easily refute an artifact theory, a broken theory, but what if you have just an anomaly and nobody propose a matching hypothesis, embryo of a theory? what if the theory is wrong, but the anomaly stubborn…

• nextbigfuture.com/2017/10/pilo…uld-have-more-thrust.html Quote from Next Bug Future: “A radio frequency (RF) resonant cavity thruster, EmDrive, is a controversial proposed type of propellentless electromagnetic thruster with a microwave cavity, designed to produce thrust from an electromagnetic field inside the cavity. Researchers José Croca and Paulo Castro from the Centre for Philosophy of Sciences of the University of Lisbon in Portugal suggest that not only could pilot wave theory explain th…

• Alan relayed me this conference paper authored by MArtin Tajmar, Matthias Kössling, Marcel Weikert and Maxime Monette. It is mostly describing their efforts to test Emdrive and Mach-effect thruster. I did not caught any result. researchgate.net/publication/3…_Propulsion_at_TU_Dresden Quote from Martin Tajmar &al: “Propellantless propulsion is believed to be the best option for interstellar travel. However, photon rockets or solar sails have thrusts so low that maybe only nano-scaled spacecraft m…

• EM-Drive to Proxima Centauri

AlainCo - - News

One trouble at a time, once we make it goes faster than a rocket, we will study how to manage extreme speed... Today, stabilizing a satellite would be our Chicago Pile moment. Once people accept EmDrive because of evidence, engineers will work on details. for LENR with EmDrive, it seems a natural combination, but like EmDrive it needs to be accepted as a mainstream technology. In fact the most natural combination is solar cell, because it need no mass for energy, but it is restricted to near sol…

• Next Big Future seems to have the best analysis Quote from Next Big Future: “... They have or will very soon attempt to put the EMdrive into space in a satellite... ... The details of the EMdrive are not discussed and there do not appear to be any claims of proving the controversial physics... ” What I take as important is that they dare to talk of EmDrive in a propaganda piece... The article refers to more precise information from earlier: Quote from Next Big Future: “In December 2016, Yue Chen…

• It seems to be the video considered : youtube.com/watch?v=dCTasn_hq-o In Chinese language.

• They have a twitter account twitter.com/asteronx Quote from AsteronX: “ XZ4PFh7S_400x400.jpg Researching and discussing things of science, technology and space. ”