Roger Shawyer at Technical University Dresden 11th July 2018

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Roger Shawyer at Technical University Dresden 11th July 2018

From DamianMłodziankowski @dmlodzian on twitter
      I got those conference slides from Roger Shawyer (published on emdrive.com)

emdrive.com/dresden2018.pdf

Maybe it was already published here... I don't remember.

about German test that fueled the skeptics, note that page 29 Shawyers state "Very low Q"...
      while in all his presentation it is clear high-Q is key factor.
      page 30, the dresden test iw clearly coherent with ofthers experiments but with very low Q compared to others, even NASA.
      “Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
      See my raw tech-watch on scoop.it/u/alain-coetmeur & twitter.com/alain_co
    • THE CONCLUSION IS THIS:
      When using the exact solution for resonance of a truncated conical cavity, for constant resistivity and magnetic permeability of the interior
      wall of the cavity and for constant geometrical ratios, constant medium properties and for the same mode shape . the frequency scales (exactly) like the inverse of any geometrical dimension, therefore the skin depth scales (exactly) like the squareroot of any geometrical dimension, the quality of resonance (Q) scales approximately like the square root of any geometrical dimension, within 1% accuracy due to the approximation that the electromagnetic energy density is approximately constant through the interior volume and through the interior surface area of the cavity (this approximation is good for a low mode but is expected to gradually degrade with higher mode shape numbers)

So the key point is that in germany their approach was based on a low q factor. Did they use (like Shawyer) a form of magnetic guidance system (like the end unit attached to the original Em Drive) ? Or did they omitted it?
      Files
    • I don't think flattening the cone will have much effect. As the effect of this device is based on random dispersal of waves untill a straight event (Collinear) happens in the fustrum that enables the waves to push the device away, a flattened cone would diminish the overall effect.

Its NOT like the effect as squeezing the end of a waterhose to make water flow quicker.

The balance of action/reaction is the key of the impulse, NOT the intencity.